Follow on Bloglovin

Friday, May 13, 2011

Sketch 06-11

Hi everyone!

It's Friday, and that means the reveal of a new sketch and DT interpretations!!

Today's sketch inspires a 12x12 LO, and features scallops plus a long matted photo or embellishment. Additionally, there's the hint of some ribbon, lace, or even stitching!  Patterned and plain papers are both included in the sketch. Wonder what this may have inspired among the members of the S:CY Team!?
Sketch 06-11 created by S:CY Team Leader
 Ali MacDonald
Let's have a peek at what was created this week!
First, here is an interpretation from our Guest Designer...


"Sabrina" layout created by S:CY Guest Design Team Member
Liz Weber
Just look at that uber-pretty floral cluster and the blue lacy-effect at the mid-point of the LO. It all looks awesome! Thanks for playing along with us again this week, Liz!

What have the rest of our S:CY Design Team come up with this week? Keep on reading! :) I think that you'll be thrilled to see these creations!

 "Dragonfly" layout created by S:CY Design Team Member
 Jackie Primmer-Plank

"Hey Mama!" layout created by S:CY Design Team Member
Tammy Pyette

[Notes: All images are Tammy's. "The background is "The Three Sisters" mountain range in the Alberta Rockies, chosen because that's where we were at the time."]

Journaling reads: I managed to catch a picture of Zac at the very first moment he stood on his own! I was taking pictures of him holding onto Grandma’s hand. When she let her hand drop he just let go, and that was it, he was standing. He turned at looked right at me just as the shutter released. I think the look on his face says, “Hey! Look at me! I did it!”


"Memories" layout created by S:CY Design Team Member
Lindy Rabenstine

 'Mounain High" layout created by S:CY Design Team Member
 Maggi Harding

 "Do Something Good Today" layout created by S:CY
DesignTeam Member Mandy Harrell
"True Beauty" layout created by S:CY Design Team Member
Sylvia Galindo 
 "Precious Zoe" layout created by S:CY Design Team Member
Sylvia Tomala

 "Day off"  Two-page layout created b y S:CY Design Team Member
Tammy Pyette
"Moments" layout created by S:CY Design Team Member
Cheryl Casas


Silhouette card created by S:CY Design Team Member
Amy Manis

"So many views" Two-page layout created by S:CY
Design Team Member Patchi Moussatche

 "The Story" layout created by S:CY Senior Designer 
Ann Seleshanko
(Photo credit: Lisa McDonald)
The journaling is a song lyric:
The Story
by Phil Hanseroth

All of these lines across my face
Tell you the story of who I am
So many stories of where I've been
And how I got to where I am
But these stories don't mean anything
When you've got no one to tell them to
It's true...I was made for you
I climbed across the mountain tops
Swam all across the ocean blue
I crossed all the lines and I broke all the rules
But baby I broke them all for you
Because even when I was flat broke
You made me feel like a million bucks
You do
I was made for you
You see the smile that's on my mouth
It's hiding the words that don't come out
And all of my friends who think that I'm blessed
They don't know my head is a mess
No, they don't know who I really am
And they don't know what
I've been through like you do
And I was made for you...
All of these lines across my face
Tell you the story of who I am
So many stories of where I've been
And how I got to where I am
But these stories don't mean anything
When you've got no one to tell them to
It's true...I was made for you

"Picture perfection" layout created by S:CY Design Team Leader
Ali MacDonald
Journaling reads:

Picture Perfection

I took some pictures of Grandma, Noah and Argo during March Break 2011. Grandma and "Grandpa Critter" were hosting a Spaghetti Dinner in their area to benefit the Lions Foundation of Canada’s AADG Program and needed a photo for the article that reporter Bob Lafrance would be writing in the Victoria Star to publicize the event.
This photo was one of our favourites.
The photo below it shows Noah reaching out, touching Argo’s paw soon after his Dog Guide friend joined our family.  It looks like they are “hand in hand.” How perfect!

Photos~ Jan & Mar 2011
Journaling~ May 2011

Just a few words in closing this week....first,  a very warm "Thanks"  to our Guest Design Team Member Liz Weber for her lovely  page using sketch 06-11. Loved it!


Second, our "Thanks" to YOU for popping by S:CY today! Be sure to try the sketch and then leave us a link so we can come visit your blog or Gallery and see your creation.  


And third, a sincere "Thank You" to the S:CY Team for their beautiful creations this week. Awesome job everyone! Keep up the great work!

Come see us on Facebook, everyone! Love to have you pop by the S:CY FB page!



Have a lovely weekend, hope the SUN finds you!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful layouts everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful interpretations of the latest Sketch everyone. Love to see all the different styles we have evolving here. AMAZING!~ TY so very much. ((HUGZ))~Ali

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous work ladies, loved the sketch Ali and just love all the very unqiue takes on it by the DT. Thanks for your kind words and thanks for having be on board as the Guest DT for May!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous layouts ladies!!!! Thanks Ali for another GREAT sketch!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how different each lo is! They are all amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE the interpretations from the DT!! WTG Ladies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, everyone did a super job!! WTG!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great sketch and awesome work from the DT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful work, ladies!
    Awesome sketches Ali & Ann! Keep em coming.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely sketch & wonderful interpretations everybody!

    ReplyDelete