Follow on Bloglovin

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Our Guest Sketch Artist for January!

It is with GREAT pleasure that I introduce Deanne Burton, our Guest Sketch Artist for January here at Sketches: Creatively Yours.

Deanne Burton, our January 2010 Guest Sketch Artist

Deanne is a good friend of mine, and I have had the pleasure of working alongside her in various Blogs and Forums on the web. (Plus, I am her biggest fan when it comes to her sketches!!) Deanne has "Guested" here before, both alone and with her talented sisters Carla Robinson and Susan Coish. It's my pleasure to welcome her back!

I asked Deanne to tell me a little bit about her collections. Having known her for awhile, I noticed that she enjoyed this hobby along with her scrapbooking, cardmaking and altering! So I asked her what the scoop was~! Here is what she told me...


I'm a collector of, let's see... SCRAPBOOKING supplies!!! Ha! Really! Oh, and I absolutely adore angels and I started a few years back collecting angel ornaments for my Christmas tree. I currently have over 300 and cannot even fit them all on one Christmas tree. I'm thinking of having TWO trees next year. I'm sure hubby will LOVE that idea!!! NOT!!!
Also in my kitchen when Christmas time rolls around, I put away all things "fruity" and bring out my darling Gingerbread Men, Women, Kids, and Houses! I think gingerbread are the cutest things!!! My darling sister (Hi Carla!!!) gives me an angel or a gingerbread EVERY Christmas (some years she gives me one of each!!! YAY!!!) because she knows how special they are to me.

Deanne is one BUSY woman. she lives in Newfoundland, Canada with her DH and 2 sons, plus Meika, her dog. In addition to being a Full-Time Grade 6 teacher, she works on several Design Teams, plus manages or participates in the administration of several scrapbooking-related blogs and a Forum. She is an inspiring force and an encouraging influence everywhere you find her.

Here are some of the sites Deanne manages or helps with. Be sure to check them out and say hi!

Forum: Sisterhood of Scrap celebrates the joy of scrapbooking with daily inspiration, weekly challenges, prizes, and more! All are invited to register to become a part of this creative and supportive scrapbooking environment!

Blog: Am I a Scrap Addict? features Deanne's DT creations and links to her tutorials. She is a prolific member of many Design Teams and especially loves to work with Digital images on her cards!


Blog: Christmas Cards All Year 'Round features a FUN monthly Challenge to create 5 holiday cards within certain guidelines! There are even prizes!

Blog: Just my Sketches and the Blend Features Deanne's unique sketches paired with songs to inspire you! Deanne also has a Design Team Call out right now and I encourage everyone to apply: Deanne is so much fun to work with and her sketches are so versatile!!

Blog: Create-it GREEN Here, Deanne and her Team of Co-Designers and Contributors inspires others to reduce, reuse and recycle items as part of the creative process, then share the ideas and creations with other crafters.

The first sketch of two created for Sketches: Creatively Yours by Deanne goes up tomorrow, along with our Design Team's interpretations of it.

But: as a special treat, and part of introducing Deanne, I wanted to post another of her amazing sketches from the past. (Yes, I have my favourites!) I pulled this one to share with you all:


Sketch by Deanne Burton for Sisterhood of Scrap, February 7, 2009

Be sure to include a link in the Comments section if you use the sketch! What can YOU create? We'd love to come see it!

Welcome Deanne! Thank You for sharing your talent with us!

Be sure to tune in on Friday, January 15th everyone, for the especially created sketch by Deanne Burton that will be posted for you to use and enjoy! Our Design Team has done some really fab things with it and I can't WAIT to show you!

10 comments:

  1. YIPEE!!! So glad you are here Deanne! Love your sketches and your inspiration!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your sketches Deanne, they are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deanne I am so psyched that you are doing TWO SKETCHES here this month! YAHOOOO!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations deanne! so well deserved!
    and awesome sketch chickie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Deanne!! I have printed off the sketch and hope to do a little work on it later... i am sure my housework can wait!! then I can get it done before the 15th when you release your next one!!

    Set up another tree - i am the total Christmas junkie here, all my normal stuff gets putaway and replaced with Christmas stuff - so I completely understand!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yahoo Deanne! How you do it all and teach 6th graders is amazing! You are truly and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY Deanne, Nice to see you here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WTG, Deanne!
    Love your sketches and all your inspiration you share with all of us!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tried my hand om this sketch. i was working on my circle journal and one of the entries was to journal about Beauty. since the sketch of Deanne's was on my desk... why not.

    Hope this link works... If not Deanne, can you help me?


    http://api.ning.com/files/rZIFPr4DLeBkpp6vpI6ZYwrVMQ4L8k*iV65*eFzZoeRNNt09R4QfTe1FH5ytryvK02*7rLX3ExJUfqraPx9aEKGJY0bsPb1n/beauty.jpg

    ReplyDelete