Follow on Bloglovin

Monday, July 27, 2009

Sketch #17

First of all, I'd like to mention that due to a communication glitch, Jenifer Cowles' interpretation of Sketch #16 was not posted 2 weeks ago.

Soooo.... I have a little fun job for you this AM!! Just head on down to the Sketch #16 post and check out Jenifer's gorgeous work! Once again- exceptional. Thanks Jenifer! (Don't forget those comments, girls!)
This week, we have some gorgeous interpretations from our Design Team for Sketch #17 and there has ALSO been some interest shown in the CY-Reader Round-up and CY-Guest Designer Call that I sent out last week!
Keep the entries coming- do "try out." Your first step is to leave a link in our Comments section. You could become a CY Guest Designer OR a CY Creative Guest!
Here are the guidelines:


What possibilities do you see in the CY Sketches??
We'd love to check out your creations and feature them in an upcoming SPECIAL POST (Date TBA). Remember, we are choosing future 1) Guest Designers and 2) Creative Guests based on interest and participation, so be SURE to leave us your comments and a link to your CY Sketch creation below.

~Q&A~

I had a potential candidate email me this AM. I thought I'd post her questions along with my answers, as clarification for you!

1. To submit for this call we are to create with any of the weekly current sketches that are posted on the blog?
YES, use the CURRENT SKETCH, please.
2. We are to upload our creation to the blog?

No, I will do that part. I will ask you to email me a pic once I have visited your blog.

3. Do you want us to link the creation to your blog and to our blog?
Yes, please leave me a link in the Comments section. It wil not be clickable, but I will visit it and see your creation, and so will the CY-DT!!!!
4. Also would you like us to place with our creations GDT when we leave a comment?
GREAT idea. Please add the notation"GDT CONTEST" at the end of the Comment you've made!


Be sure to comment and get your work SEEN!
Now, on to this week's Sketch!!


Sketch #17 created by "wearer-of-many-hats:" PR and Promo Director, CY-Designer & DT Coordinator Ali MacDonald ;)

Here are the awesome Sketch #17 interpretations from our fab CY-Design Team...

784 Pages:

This layout by avid reader & CY Design Team Member Andi Dickson is so crisp & clean: don't you just LOVE the arrows? The orange and turquoise look phenomenal together! WTG Andi!

Spring Blooms:
This celebratory layout by CY-Designer Ann Seleshanko exudes exceptional beauty. We can never deny the beauty of nature! The title looks great positioned this way under the edge of a bloom.Well done Ann!

The Ladies of the House:



CY Designer Misty Miller created a whimsical pet LO with the best title EVER! LOL! ;) (Feeling outnumbered, Misty? LOL) Bravo to you, Misty on a beautiful and fun LO, great pix and awesome use of the grey, soft green and pale blue tones. Not easy colours to use together, but you ROCKED your LO, Misty!


As an important segue, Misty told me that the 2 kitties are both recent rescues who came from the animal shelter. As many of you know, this is a cause near and dear to my heart as the Mom to 4 rescued critters. Please adopt from animal shelters: you will gain a friend. Want to see more of the 2 new kitties? Go here.


Wedded Bliss:



CY Designer Robin Gibson shares with us a dramatic wedding layout: I am so honoured that she chose my sketch to showcase these 2 photos! This whole layout says "love." You look so happy! The fine line-rimmed picture mat is beautiful. Great job Robin!

Ms. Emily

A heartfelt layout by CY Designer Rita Barakat gives kudos to the wonderful support-people in our lives... Beautiful use of the colour purple, a floral paper and those gorgeous flowers Rita! Bravo!

Chat soon!

9 comments:

  1. Thank You for making me so proud, once again, to sketch for you. You're all amazing scrappers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful layouts ladies!! Thanks Ali for a fabulous sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, great layouts again this week! So cool to see all the different versions!

    Andi

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW, you Ladies, as always, are AMAZING! LOVED this sketch, first of all! And Ali~I'm So proud to put a layout made with one of your fabulous sketches in my book! (In fact, I think there are probably a few in there!!)
    Misty~I ADORE this layout...from the fun title, and feathers!! Great pics, and great idea to scrap about! I need to do one of these!!
    Ann~Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!! Very eye catching layout!
    Andi~LOVE those colors together, and the arrows ROCK! & 6 hrs??? You are my new book-reading hero! It must have been great!
    It's such a honor to create with (& for) you ladies!! You are all my scrap-heroes!! Thanks for having me here!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful job as always ladies- I cant wait to see what else everyone comes up with!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. BEAUTIFUL!!! Once again, wonderful interpretations..I think we have the best scrappers here at CY! Ali, your sketches are amazing as usual :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning LO's

    Andi, love that arrow and your colors

    Misty, those feathers totally rock.

    Robin, your color scheme is awesome, that pop of red totally makes the layout

    Rita, love that you made your journaling the center piece, great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow you all are did a great interpretions of the sketch. Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete